Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious way to use your essential oils for baking? Well… look no further. This black bean brownie recipe is for you!
First off, don’t let black beans scare you- the flavor is mild and they’re a fabulous, high protein alternative to other recipes and boxed brands.
Secondly, keep in mind that not all essential oils are created equal. When cooking, baking, or consuming essential oils in any way, always use food grade essential oils that have supplement facts on the label. Some essential oil brands are not safe to ingest, so always remember to check your labels first!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2–4 drops Peppermint essential oil
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into large bowl and stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased 8x8-inch pan and top with ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 30–35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
TIP: To make sure you’re getting the right amount of essential oil in your recipes, try adding a dropper top to your oil bottles.
When cooking with essential we highly recommend you only use oils that are safe for internal use. If they are safe to take internally they will have a supplement fact on the bottle.